Freitag, 19. Juni 2009

Alice_Surface Grammar_refining


My main goal before the final is to deform the modular system of QC structure and address the sensibility as being contemporary architecture. 
I have two main tasks
1. simplify the composition of the cubes in different scales according to the functional needs so that spaces are clearly defined, and not just intersecting each other without control.  Therefore, I took away those cubes that are not useful or in chaotic situations.  
Right now, the butterfly house is in between the inner and outer skin. Within the inner skin, spaces in different sizes are used for exhibition room, restaurant, entrance and dark spaces. 


2. make apertures.
In the first attempt (1st & 2nd images), I treated each surface a bit more individually, and the idea was to strengthen the different directions of QC cubes, but the overall pattern doesn't have gradual change and looks rather fragmented. 
In the second attempt (3rd - 8th images), I tested with part of the outer skin (highlighted portion) more as a whole....which means the apertures change from large at the entrance point to small at the other end which inner side of the skin is actually connected to the inner path. I will follow this approach to make apertures with other part of the skins. However, I think the pattern right now is still a bit too regular, expectable....and somehow still lacks elegancy and surprise. I am trying to see if I can loose it up more and more...


Outer skin










Inter skin


















1 Kommentare:

Blogger Matias del Campo meinte...

You are on the right path Alice, and your own critique hits the point. I´m curious how the ornamentation will evolve...

20. Juni 2009 um 03:52  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite