Dienstag, 21. April 2009

Alice_physical model exploration

After the study of 2D penrose pattern, I am trying to investigate how the 3D structure is organized. Moreover, how the deflation behaves in 3-dimensional way, I am very interested in the first image, but I haven't figured out its logic. 

































































I have made rhombus in different scales and try to put them together following the rule of deflation happens in 2D penrose....unfortunately, holes will form and I am not sure how to solve or deal with this situation. 










Matias and Sandra,

Actually, I can see the coherence but still not so sure how to combine this with my last project. Especially, how to integrate this idea for the studio project this time. I want to find out the structural and material aspects of this geometry before implementation. I hope to answer questions like,
what are the advantages of using this component?
What is the architectonic meaning? 
What is the ornamental quality of this component? 
How does it behave and generate its own form (part-to whole relationship)?  

hope to hear your feedback
thx, alice

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite